Monday 17 June 2013

Summer 2013 - Note #1

I'd like to introduce you to a friend I've been working on for the last few weeks.

This is my Ideas Jar.

I've filled it with little tied up notes that each have an idea on, the plan is to open one or two at a time and complete them through the summer.

The ideas are colour coded. Yellow are projects, blue are wishlists and pink are travel related. I'll give you a few examples of these;
Yellow - Recover my headboard with new material
Yellow - Spend a weekend watching every Big Bang Theory Episode
Blue - Buy a new camera (I now have to do this anyway)
Blue - Buy Benefits Peek-a-bright eyes set
Pink  - Visit Bath and the thermal spring
Pink - Drive up a motorway and get off at a random exit, unplanned roadtrip

This way I can know the type of the thing i'm after, there's no point in looking for a shopping high if you're opening a travel one.

Today I had all my coursework signed off and I'm officially done with my course, my summer has started. As you can see from the picture above I've just picked out my first 'Idea'.
'Pretty up my jars'


As you can see, I'm not making the most of my sweet shop jars (Ignore Corey Taylor there in the background). My Idea note also has a few suggestions I thought up at the time, sweets, pretty paper and some products like my eyelash jar.

I'll be working on this tomorrow and Wednesday then Thursday I'm camera shopping.

I plan to empty this jar by the end of summer. I think this is a great way to spend my free time in the summer,  I also plan to look for a job though it could mean waiting until people start interviewing Christmas staff. I don't like looking back at a holiday or half term and regretting not doing anything and having nothing to show for my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment