Thursday 20 June 2013

Too obsessed?

Today wasn't a proud day for me. Not only did my plans for Saturday get cancelled, resulting in my downing my emotion in Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but I spent 20 minutes stalking and constantly refreshing the MAC website waiting for the RiRi loves summer collection to go live then waiting for the stock check or whatever that waiting page was for.

What I ordered, I seem to be one of few who managed to get Heaux.

I really don't know why though! I don't like 'RiRi' and the colours aren't exactly unique.
The only reason I can think of is that I knew there were MAC lipsticks coming out, their lipsticks are my downfall. I love them so much. I managed to resist one of them, RiRi boy, but I did order the lustre drops and the quad to move some of my current eyeshadows into for my holiday (they're the only holiday makeup bits i'm buying). 

I'm justifying the purchase of these with the fact that I've sold five of my blushes on Ebay in the last two weeks, selling five things to replace them with three is fine right? I mean it is less over all and the lustre drops don't take up much space.
But ultimately what today means is that this launch was the first big event of my summer, which leads me to wonder - How obsessed is too obsessed?

Clearly spending a good 20-30 minutes watching a website isn't normal for most people but that's what we do when we're passionate about some thing, isn't it? People camp out in the freezing rain for book releases, film premiers and hell even a new mobile phone despite having one that works perfectly fine and is a model some people would kill for.

Why? Frankly the only sensible answer is because we're crazy. There is no other real reason just pure insanity, it's the same reason I own 8 different shades of purple nail varnish and half a dozen body butters that I never use. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to watching my Johnathan Creek boxset and eating my next doughnut.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this blog post, you're exactly right and im exactly the same. Id love to sell some of my makeup to be able to buy more but i can never let it go, even if i know ive never or never will use it. LOVELY blog written beautifully, I now NEED krispy Kremes haha

    Jenn xx

    http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8111931144985369786#overview/src=dashboard

    ReplyDelete